Social Media is not a replacement for a Business Website
Social Media, Facebook Business pages in particular in Ireland are often thought of as a replacement for a Business Website. This is not the case. Social media is a way of attracting traffic to your website.
Some of the reasons a Facebook business page is not a replacement for a business website.
1. Facebook posts are very short lived in newsfeeds before they disappear.
2. Only about 6% or less of the people who like your facebook page will see the posts without paid advertising.
3. People can turn off news feeds to prevent distraction.
4, Facebook rules change regularly and you have no control over this.
5. Your profile is limited you can create additional tabs but it can be confusing for users.
6. Searchers are fickle. Facebook is still popular in Ireland. Audiences are getting older. Young people are leaving Facebook.
7. Lead generation is better carried out on your website where you have full control of your content.
8. If you blog, your blogs will always be available on your website.
9. Facebook interrupts social time.. People search for your website.
10 You have full control over what is displayed when someone gets to your website.
This is not meant to be an exhaustive list but I hope it gives you a good idea of the differences between a Business Website and a Facebook Business Page. The main difference is control. Facebook control who and what people see. You control what people see on your website.
Of course you have to attract people to your website. Search Engine Optimisation is used to get your website into the search results. When you get people to your website it is important that you have good engaging content that will encourage the searchers to stay on your website and make an inquiry. You have to think like the searcher, they have a reason for being on your website. They are looking for something, how easy is it for them to find what they are looking for. How easy is it for them to contact you?
Remember if you have 150 man years baking cakes that will not necessarily impress a searcher. They are looking for a fresh cake. You might like to boast about your 150 years experience but does your searcher really care?
Depending on the size of your business, a website can be as little as one page. More searches are carried out on mobile devices. It is essential that your website is mobile friendly.
The Business Website is not dead and does not have to be expensive.
Contact Helen on 085 8677443 or email Helen@Virginiapages.ie